Day 14 – two-week review
Wow it’s been two weeks already. Time flies!
Honestly two weeks ago I only started with an intention— to quietly work on my writing dreams and not put them off for yet another year.
Two weeks later:
- I’ve built a simple system to manage my writing easily
- Rather than putting off my stories “”till im better at writing”, I’m actually going to tackle all of them one after the other. Big step.
- Got a bookhaul on writing advice books. Read turning pro by steven pressfield from this haul.
- Started outlining some basics for my ideas. Yes, I’m still working on that heist story.
- Wrote my first story prompt (in what must’ve been years)
And yeah, those are pretty much all the big beats that I remember off the top of my head. I don’t feel like I’m prioritizing the right things and I feel like I should be writing more. But at the same time, it’s tough to write when you don’t know what you don’t know.
There’s a part of me that feels like I should just hail mary it and write a first draft that’s beyond trash. Like without even knowing what half decent prose looks like or what certain mechanical elements are. (As you can tell – I’m the overthinker).
Shit. I think I’ll do that. It makes sense the more I think about it, and it gets me ready in time for Nanowrimo to even get a solid outline ready and fly by the seat of my pants writing.
(Sigh) Alright, I’ll do it. One of my big stories – done by Nov 30th. Now to pick a good one…